Friday, September 08, 2006


TGIF, even with rain predicted for the entire weekend, there's nothing like a day off! Although one learns not to expect too much wisdom to be revealed in random messages from the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), this train door says it all!
Speaking of timing, coffe cup's empty, its time to go get refilled, grab my coat, forget the hat, hit the bus in seconds flat. Image here is of an El station adjacent to my downtown stop, Harold Washington Library. I'll try to eventually get some pics of the bldg posted,it's an amazing bit of architecture. Carpe weekend, any good plans?

2 comments:

laura said...

the chicago trains look so new!
kudos on the seamless way you worked in that Beatles allusion!
my blog has languished this week ... preparing for the start of painting classes, so hope to get some new posts up soon.
is "life takes timing" the chicago transit authority slogan? along those lines I always liked conrail's: "keep it moving"!

laura said...

hey robin ... got another technological question: how do you get the photos on your blog so big? when I post a photo directly from picasa, it's pretty small; I can click on the photo and pull it out larger, but it gets blurry that way. I can't--I don't think--navigate away from the page to enlarge the photo without losing it ... If I write the post and add the photos from there (using the button on the toolbar)I can make them bigger, but i have to download them from My Documents, not picasa!